Terrific Speakers and Topics
are lined up for the
2004 International Conference on Care and Kindness
Plenary Speakers, Forums, General Sessions, Panel Discussions !!
This year’s conference is in the final stages of preparation for
the most exciting conference ever. It is designed to equip you to be
more sensitive to the needs and cares of hurting people that you meet
every day. By the end of the conference you will find yourself better
able to understand the unique struggles of others.
kind to one another, for everyone
is carrying a heavy load.”
Dealing with the issue of bullying – Barbara
Coloroso speaks of “The
Bully, The Bullied, and the Bystander”
Sharing her loss of three children to a
debilitating disease, Connie Jackson will speak from
her book “No One Can Separate Us”
No conference would be complete without a
refresher course on the basics of Care and Kindness from
Dr. James Kok. He will also conclude the conference with his thoughts
on “Taking Care and Kindness Home”
Kelsey Marshall will help us understand
the world of the hearing-impaired as she talks on “Barriers
Dr. Richard Mouw calls caring people to emphasize “Hospitality” and
to incorporate it in their daily contacts.
You will learn to recognize the “Uncommon
Pastor John Vawter speaks to us.
Based upon his work with congregations who are
suffering tension, Pastor Duane Visser’s topic will be “Ministry:
Do It Alone”
As the founder of Random Acts of Kindness, Chuck Wall
will bring unique excitement and challenges to his audience.
Workshop Topics & Speakers:
Some workshops are geared to increase your “caring” skills – others
are designed to broaden your understanding of the unique needs of specific
groups of people.
- Listening Skills – Susan Balk
- Understanding Autism – Dawn Booth
- Retirement Adjustments– John Coulombe
- Avoiding Burnout & Stress-out – Richard Foss
- Joy for the
Tired Care-giver – Bill Gaultiere
- Depression Issues– Debbie Hutchinson
- Practical Steps of Care
and Kindness – Jim Kok
- Visiting the Sick – Philip Somsen
- Mom Grief – Harold Ivan Smith
- Friend Grief – Harold Ivan Smith
- Medical Ethics – Dr. Mark Spee
- Chemical Addictions – John Vawter
- More about Random Acts – Chuck Wall
- One of the highlights of recent
conferences has been the unique devotional style of Rev. Vicki Orr.
She will once again guide us in Lectio Devino (Divine Reading).
- A choice of two panel discussions will be featured on Friday afternoon.
- Panel #1 will address a list of questions that are commonly
raised about all of this Care and Kindness “stuff” -
We Have Questions
- Panel #2 will discuss the Issues of Advanced Aging
- An Open Forum, also on Friday afternoon will discuss Care and
For more detail, visit the conference web page at www.careandkindness.org
Return to Care Capsule Front Page